Generator fumes kill 4 children in Bayelsa state

It has been said often, that the carbon monoxide fumes released from electricity generators during operation are not to be inhaled for long periods, as that can lead to dizziness, unconsciousness, and death.

This is the sad story of a couple’s 3 daughters and their female cousin, who lived at Aghoro, Ekeremor Local Government Area, Bayelsa State, over the weekend.

The distraught father of the deceased children, said he kept the generator at the balcony far from the room of the girls. However when he woke up at 6:00 AM, the next day, he discovered that the generator had shifted close to the door of the girl’s room.
“The generator was outside but it was on tiles. The generator shifted close to the door. At about 6am, I came out to put off the generator and saw that it was close to the door. Eventually when I entered the room I saw that all the children were dead”, he said.

Please Share :

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

A building ‘partially collapsed’ in Lagos Island, during the demolition of another building.

A UK-based Nigerian and sexual predator, who groomed young girls online, jailed